Court of Appeals
Supreme Court of the United States
- Court's Website/Home Page
- Important news and information — including the Court's calendar — are also posted on the home page.
- Filing Information
- Provides general filing information.
- E-Filing Procedures
- Provides information on the electronic submission of merits briefs.
- Guide for Counsel
- Provides guidance on oral argument, courtroom seating, decisional process, and assembling the record on appeal.
- Rules of the Supreme Court of the United States
- Case Distribution Schedule
- Identifies the dates on which petitions for writs of certiorari, along with corresponding briefs, will be distributed to the Justices.
- Contacting the Court
- Provides contact information for the Court, Public Information Officer, and the Clerk's Office.
- Bar Admission
- Provides information on applying for the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States.
- The Court may release an Opinion on any day the Court is sitting.
- Counsel may call the Clerk's Office or Public Information Office on Friday afternoons to learn the schedule for the coming week.
- Opinions are typically announced at 10 a.m. and are available on the Court's websites soon after announcement.
- Court Orders
- Regularly scheduled lists of orders are issued every Monday the Court is sitting, although miscellaneous orders may be issued at any time.
- Online Docket
- Oral Argument Guide and Schedule
- Oral Argument Transcripts
- Merits Briefs
- About the Supreme Court
- Provides comprehensive information on the Justices, the Supreme Court Building, the history of the Court, and visiting the Court.
- An Illustrated Overview of Supreme Court Procedure
- A plain-language explanation of Supreme Court concepts and terminology.
The Guide - A Service of the Appellate Practice Section of the Florida Bar | Copyright 2008