Friday, March 14, 2014
The Art of Objecting: A Trial Lawyers Guide to Preserving Error for Appeal
Marriott Rennaissance, Fort Lauderdale, FL
This informative course will feature appellate judges and seasoned appellate practitioners who will cover how to preserve error for appeal in every phase of your litigation. From pleadings and discovery to post-trial motions, this course will make sure you know the appropriate steps for preserving error for appellate review. Lunch will feature a panel discussion on avoiding common preservation of error pitfalls. This is the section's most popular CLE, so make plans now to attend.
Course Description / List of Topics
- Working with Appellate Lawyers at the Trial Level
- Pleadings, Discovery, Pre-trial Motions and Interlocutory Review
- Jury Selection
- Evidentiary Issues
- Panel Discussion: A View From the Bench On Avoiding the Common Preservation Pitfalls
- Ethical Issues in Trial Practice
- Closing Arguments
- Jury Instructions, Verdict Forms, Jury Questions and Conduct, Jury Verdicts
- Motions for Directed Verdict and for Judgment in Accordance with Motion for Directed Verdict and Post-trial Motions
Click here for The Art of Objecting Registration Information.
Click here to download The Art of Objecting PDF Registration form.
Friday, May 16, 2014
Practicing Before the Second District Court of Appeal
Hillsborough Bar Association, Tampa, FL
Whether you're looking to learn the nuts and bolts of the clerk's office or wanting to meet the judges of the Second District before your oral argument, you won't want to miss this seminar. The judges and court staff will cover a range of insider topics, including: motion practice, how the court utilizes staff attorneys and law clerks, and what techniques are and are not effective in briefing and oral argument. The seminar will conclude with a reception, providing additional opportunities to interact with the judges. This is a must-attend seminar for appellate practitioners in the Second District.
Your Appellate Practice Section's 2013/2014 Telephone CLE Schedule:
Click HERE for more information.