Courses in Florida
Successful Appellate Advocacy Workshop
An Intense Skills CLE Workshop
Sponsored by the Appellate Practice Section of The Florida Bar
and Shepard Broad Law Center, Nova Southeastern University
August 5-7, 2015
A tremendous faculty of appellate judges and practitioners will assemble at Nova Southeastern University's Shepard Broad Law Center for an intensive appellate skills workshop. During the workshop you will have the opportunity to hone your advocacy skills both on paper and in the courtroom. This CLE program will include the following topics, giving participants a hands-on opportunity to write and argue a case before a moot court panel:
- Overview of Appellate Brief Writing
- Issue Framing Writing Exercises
- Drafting of Crafting the Facts Writing Exercises
- Drafting the Argument Writing Exercises
- Writing for Electronic Filing and the Electronic Reader
- How to Prepare for an Oral Argument
- Individual Brief Writing Feedback Sessions
- Ethics and Professionalism in Appellate Practice
- How NOT to Do Oral Arguments: Ethics and Professionalism in Court
- Oral Argument Exercises (off brief)
- Preserving Error; Standards of Review; Rehearing
- Final Oral Argument Session
Distinguished faculty: Hon. Nikki Ann Clark (1st DCA), Hon. Chris Altenbernd (2d DCA), Hon. Kevin M. Emas (3d DCA), Hon. Melanie G. May (4th DCA), Hon. Wendy W. Berger (5th DCA), Matt Conigliaro, Raoul Cantero, Nancy Gregoire, William Van Nortwick, and Ben Keuhne.
This is an opportunity to gain invaluable advice from some of the top minds in the Florida appellate law. Participation in this CLE program is limited to 60 people in order to ensure the quality of the programming. This seminar will not be held again for at least another three years, so reserve your spot now!
General CLE Credits: 20.5
Appellate Certification Credits: 20.5
Criminal Appellate Certification Credits: 13
Ethics Credits: 2
- There is a May 15, 2015 Early Registration Deadline for non-section members.
- Each participant is required to submit a mock initial brief by June 19, 2015 in order to participate.
Click here for more detailed information, including pricing for Section Members.
Click here to register.
Other Available Items
ECAPI Seminar now available as DVD, CD or as an Online download
Eleventh Circuit Appellate Practice Institute
Course Classification: Advanced Level
Course No. 1733C
Recorded Live: February 7 & 8, 2013
Miami-Dade Community College
300 N.E. 2nd Ave., Chapman Center, Bldg. 3, Miami, FL
This program is co-sponsored by the Appellate Practice Sections of the Alabama State Bar, The Florida Bar, and the State Bar of Georgia. You will learn the in's and out's of Eleventh Circuit practice from the judges, the clerk's office, and leading practitioners. You will also watch top attorneys argue a fascinating live case, attend an unforgettable reception, and obtain approximately 12 hours of CLE credit.
Click HERE for more information and to order.
Appellate Practice audio-CDs and video-DVDs
Click HERE for the listing.
Appellate Practice 24/7 on-demand
Click HERE for the listing.
Printable audio-CD and video-DVD order form
Click HERE for the order form.
Past Appellate Practice Section CLE Seminars Available
The Section alerts and reminds members that past Section CLE seminars are available for purchase and CLE credit, with some availability for immediate download, 24 hours a day/7 days a week through The Florida Bar LegalSpan link.
Click HERE for the complete list and online purchase options.