Monthly Telephonic CLE Seminar
The third Tuesday of every month, except June and December, the Appellate Practice Section puts on a one-hour CLE telephone conference call as a service to its members. These seminars typically provide one-hour of appellate certification credit and deal with advances issues of appellate practice, often focusing on hot, substantive issues.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 12:10pm
Ceci Berman, a Board Certified Appellate Practitioner from Brannock & Humphries and Chair-Elect of the Florida Bar's Appellate Practice Section, will discuss the ins and outs of handling bankruptcy appeals. Expanding upon her recent publication: Bankruptcy Appeals: A Stealthy and Different Kind of Appeal, Mrs. Berman will cover topics including federal jurisdiction over bankruptcy actions, two-tier review, the standards of review, and the peculiarities of bankruptcy appellate procedure.
Participants may submit questions in advance or during the presentation to the CLE's moderator, Tyler Pitchford at: tpitchford@bhappeals.
Course No. 1402982N
General CLE Credit: 1 hr
Appellate Practice Credit: .5 hr
Business Litigation Credit: 1 hr
REGISTER NOW: click HERE for the 2013-2014 CLE registration form.
Telephonic CLE - Instructions to Participate
- Register with the bar — Please click HERE for the 2013-2014 CLE registration form. **Completed registration forms should be faxed to The Florida Bar FAX number (850) 561-9427. Any questions regarding registration should be directed to Mary Ann Obos at email@example.com or (850) 561-5630**
- Call in at the appointed time. Call in at the appointed time. US / Canada Dial-in #: (866) 383-5534. All international callers dial 832-553-1655. The operator will ask you for the Conference ID number. You should tell the operator that you were given a password, which is "Appellate". You will then be asked to provide your full name and Florida Bar number in order to receive CLE credit.
- You will be asked to provide your full name and Florida Bar number in order to receive CLE credit. You will be put on hold until the seminar begins. Credit may be verified based on the attendance report provided to The Florida Bar by the company hosting the call. Please click HERE to post your CLE credit.
- Questions. If you have questions during the seminar, please alert the operator, Tyler Pitchford, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Appellate Practice Section's 2014 Telephone CLE Schedule:
- Tuesday, April 15, 2013 — (8020078)
- Tuesday, May 20, 2013 — (8020079)
The Section encourages participation in these one-hour lunch time CLEs that generally take place on the third Tuesday of each month with the exception of December and June. Each year attendance has increased for these informative seminars. Traditionally, these seminars allow attendees to receive Appellate Certificate credits as well as general CLE credits. The moderators and panelists do an exceptional job. The Section also encourages section members to participate in serving as moderators and panelists. Please contact Tyler Pitchford at email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
Please click HERE for the 2013-2014 CLE registration form. A discount is provided for those who register for the entire slate of seminars.