Monthly Telephonic CLE Seminar
The third Tuesday of every month, except June and December, the Appellate Practice Section puts on a one-hour CLE telephone conference call as a service to its members. These seminars typically provide one-hour of appellate certification credit and deal with advances issues of appellate practice, often focusing on hot, substantive issues.
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Board Certification Bootcamp — Two Hour Webcast
In lieu of the Section's February Telephonic CLE, the Section is offering a 2017 update to last year's appellate certification review course via a two-hour audio webcast on this coming Tuesday, February 21, 2017 from 12:00pm to 2:00pm. This Board Certification Bootcamp course will be taught by Celene Humphries and Hala Sandridge, and will cover a range of updates that may appear on the certification exam, including criminal appeals and new local federal appellate rules. Unlike the usual monthly CLE, which is over the phone, this CLE is only accessible via the internet through your computer.
For this CLE program only, we have special registration procedures that everyone must use, including those who have already purchased February's seminar either individually or in bulk at the beginning of the 2016-17 season. These procedures are:
Course No. 2385R
General CLE Credit: 2 hours
Appellate Practice Credit: 2 hour
- Register for the course by using this link:
- If you are a first time user of the Florida Bar 24/7 Online CLE system, you'll need to set up your account by clicking the "Guest Sign in" button. If you are an existing customer of the Florida Bar 24/7 Online CLE system, then please sign in and register.
- The charge for this CLE is $20 for section members and $35 for non-section members. Everyone must pay the fee upon registering for the seminar, including those who have already paid for February's seminar. The Florida Bar will refund those who originally paid the telephonic CLE registration fee. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Once registered, you will receive an email containing a link to access the webcast before the CLE. On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 12:00pm click on that link, sign in to your online account, and you'll then be connected to the CLE webcast. (If for some reason you do not receive an email, simply go to tfb.inreachce.com/account/login, log in, and press the large green button that says "play.")
- If you have any questions, please call JoAnn Shearer at 850-561-5630 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for information about how to claim CLE credit.
Your Appellate Practice Section's 2017 Telephone CLE Schedule:
Tuesday, January 17, 2017 (2384)
Tuesday, February 21, 2017 (2385)
Tuesday, March 21, 2017 (2386)
Tuesday, April 18, 2017 (2387)
Tuesday, May 16, 2017 (2388)
The Section encourages participation in these one-hour lunch time CLEs that generally take place on the third Tuesday of each month with the exception of December and June. Each year attendance has increased for these informative seminars. Traditionally, these seminars allow attendees to receive Appellate Certificate credits as well as general CLE credits. The moderators and panelists do an exceptional job. The Section also encourages section members to participate in serving as moderators and panelists. Please contact Kansas Gooden at email@example.com or Jared Krukar at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating.